CHICKEN STICKSMaking spicy chicken breasts for dinner and your toddler won't touch it? Try chicken sticks!
Thinly sliced strips of chicken breast
yogurt - plain
crushed cereal - shredded wheat, cheerios, corn flakes, honey oat cereal
Roll chicken strips in yogurt then coat with crushed cereal of your choice. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. Serve with a dippin sauce and the family veggies.
- 200g basmati rice (or use cooked rice)
- 85g carrots , diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 25g butter
- 2 large spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 85g frozen peas
- Wash the rice and cook according to pack instructions in lightly salted water with the diced carrots. About 5 minutes before it's ready, tip in the frozen peas.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in as mall frying pan (about 20cm) and lightly beat the eggs with a little salt. Pour the eggs into the pan to coat the base, and cook until almost set as a thin omelette - this should take about 2-3 minutes. Flip the omelette and cook for a few seconds more, then slide it out of the pan and roll it up into a sausage shape. Keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a wok or large frying pan and sauté the spring onions for 1 minute. Fluff up the rice mixture with a fork (there should be no cooking liquid left). Tip into the wok with the soy sauce and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Divide half the rice between two bowls, cut the omelette crossways into strips and scatter over the top. (Keep the remaining rice in a cool place for later.)
Well the verdict is in and we will give this recipe 2 1/2 out of 3. Jackson is still to be decided on the rice and for whatever reason wasn't into chicken tonight but we won't rule it out for him! Josh and I both liked it!