Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

I had a mom's night potluck the other day and I thought why not bring something that I think of when I think of America and Fall. I had some pumpkin puree (click for the recipe) left so I decided to bring Pumpkin Bars.  They were a big hit!  I didn't have any left to take home, so luckily I saved us a few to eat :)
 

Ingredients:

Bars

·         4 eggs

·         1 2/3 cups sugar

·         1 cup canola oil

·         1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin

·         2 cups all-purpose flour

·         2 teaspoons baking powder

·         2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

·         1 teaspoon salt

·         1 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting

·         1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

·         1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

·         3-4 cups confectioners' sugar

·         1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.

Pour flour, powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into another bowl and mix.

Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix until incorporated and smooth.

Pour the batter into the baking dish and level out the batter.

Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the dish or frosting.

      Frost the bars when they have cooled -- To make the frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add the sugar slowly until you reach the desired consistency. Stir in the vanilla.
 
      I can't remember where I got this recipe so sorry about that!  For the frosting, I literally only used half of it and the frosting was still just dripping off! I think next time I will make half as much!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment