Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Puree

Well I can't believe it's been 2 months since I last posted, I guess we have been busy! Lately I have been embracing fall and making tons of things with pumpkin puree. The only problem here is that you can't find pumpkin puree in a can like you can back in the states. So I became resourceful and found a recipe to make my own. It was so simple, I like to think that I will continue to make it myself when we're back home next fall.... stay tuned to see if I do!

I looked through a bunch of recipes and the general consensus was to take a couple of medium size pumpkins. Cut the tops off, dig out the seeds and guts of the pumpkin.

I then cut them into quarters. Covered each with a piece of tin foil.  Baked in the oven at 350 for about 1 hour or until I could easily stick a fork into the flesh of the pumpkin. 

Next, you can scoop out the flesh, it should be fairly easy if the pumpkin is well cooked.  Place into a food processor or blender and there you have it. Your very own home made pumpkin puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment