We had a baby play group at our house with over 30 people. This is a brunch/ light lunch so for breakfast I made muffins since I wasn't sure what else to make to feed that many people and not spending days in the kitchen. This recipe turned out great!!
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1.Heat oven to 375°.
2. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
3. In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
5. Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
6. With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
7. Fold in blueberries.
8. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.