Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No Bake Power Oat Cookies

This is an amazing snack that tastes like it is terrible for you!! Not too bad though.  I don't know what flaxseed is in Dutch or where to find it, so I left that out, and also we're not feeding Jackson nuts yet so I left out the dried fruit/nuts. I only make half a batch but I really could have made the full batch! Yum, it tastes like cookie dough. I love it!!!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruit
Instructions
  1. In a stand mixer or by hand, combine peanut butter and honey until smooth. Gradually add oats and ground flaxseed.
  2. Add chocolate chips and desired nut and fruit combination and mix gently in.
  3. Roll dough into golf ball size cookies. You can serve immediately, but they are less sticky if refrigerated for a bit.
Notes
Calories: 138; Fat: 7g; Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g

No comments:

Post a Comment