I tried to follow the recipe but I forgot to add the vanilla! Whoops!! The 1 1/2 cups of peaches took pretty much exactly 2 peaches for us. I have to say even without the vanilla these are good!!! Lets hope the rest of my family think so too!
This recipe came from:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peaches (fresh, canned or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Mix sugar, applesauce, yogurt and egg until creamy. Add vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Fold in peaches. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Top with course sugar (optional)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.