Monday, August 27, 2012

Sweet Potato Tots


Well I had lots of mixed emotions on this one, I thought I was going to hate and and Jackson would love it, turned out Jackson hated it and I loved it!  The meal plan says to have this with a dipping sauce, I chose ranch dressing and that made it great (but really doesn't ranch make everything great).  The recipe was a little time consuming for me but I was also making it with a toddler helping :) or trying to help. 

Jackson never really had sweet potatoes when he was starting baby food and that could have been our problem. I'm sure if you're kids had sweet potatoes they will love this!!! The meal plan said to serve with watermelon for lunch.

I used just cracker crumbs for my breadcrumbs because, well, we're in the Netherlands and I haven't seen any sort of breadcrumbs yet!


Ingredients
  • 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into 2 inch cubes
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • Cooking Spray
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Peel the potatoes and then boil in salted water in a pot for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
  3. Drain off all the water and cool the potatoes.
  4. Using the side of a box grater, grate all of the potatoes into a bowl.
  5. Place the flour, whisked egg and breadcrumbs in THREE separate bowls.
  6. Take about 1 tbsp of the potato mixture and shape into “tots”.
  7. Roll the tots into the flour, followed by the egg, then the panko bread crumbs, coating lightly.
  8. Place onto a sprayed baking sheet and coat evenly with cooking spray.
  9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
  10. Cool and serve.
Notes
Calories: 199; Fat: 2g; Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 6g

Recipe from: http://myhealthymealplans.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment