I loved this applesauce but it was maybe a little too tart for Jackson's taste buds. He did his famous stick out his tongue, wrinkle his nose and did a quick shiver! Funny!
I had it when it was still warm and I thought I could have eaten the whole thing!
Here is the recipe from:
- 4 cups apples, peeled, seeded and sliced, any variety
- 1-½ to 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- Place fruit in a saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of water to keep it from sticking.
- Let it cook over medium heat until the apples soften and the berries start to break apart, about 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the fruit.
- If you like your applesauce a little more chunky, don't blend very long.
- Let cool and enjoy!