Recipe from: http://myhealthymealplans.com/
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth (you can use chicken if you want)
- 1- 9 oz package tortellini
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (I like the baby California blend)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto (or make your own)
- In a large soup pan, heat olive oil and saute onion and garlic until soft and clear.
- Add the broth and the tortellini to the pan.
- Boil until tortellini is done.
- Add the frozen veggies.
- Simmer until veggies are heated through.
- Add the pesto, and stir until combined.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This an ok meal, we all ate it and had no issues with it, we just weren't blown away by it. The soup may be better in the winter when we are all cold and needing a little pick me up!