Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Artichoke Pasta

My roommate in college made this once and I loved it!  It has been in my top recipes since then. 

I chose to include brocoli and chicken this time.  This is pre-oven
Still pre-oven with tomatoes and cheddar cheese on top
12 oz pasta- we use shells (wagon wheels this time, out of shells)
9 oz marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shredded parmesean
1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
2 tbsp fresh thyme
1 clove garlic
2 lbs tomatoes, freshly sliced

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.  Add artichokes, oil, cream, thyme, garlic, half of the parmesean, 1 1/4 cup cheddar.  Mix well

Spread into a baking dish (9X13).  Arrange tomatoes on top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  Broil 6 minutes or until cheese browns.

If I am in a hurry (which I usually am) I just chop up the tomatoes and throw them in the mix.  This can be a one pot dish that way!!

I also love to throw a little brocolli and/or chicken in. Just mix it up every once in a while!
You can also use sour cream or even greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. I have to say I don't generally have all the fresh spices on hand so I used dried.  A little variation never hurt!

I decided to make this in advance while Jackson is sleeping and will just throw it in the oven when I'm ready to get dinner going.  It took me less than 45 minutes to do everything (which included taking a break for a bowl of cereal, washing dishes since my DW is broken, and a little chit chat on the phone with my Grandma and Grandpa) I'm sure it would have taken less than 30 minutes otherwise!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment