Thursday, April 12, 2012

Honey-Glazed Carrots

This recipe comes from Cooking Light-first foods again.  I am not a fan of cooked carrots but actually really liked this!!! Very simple to make and Jackson seriously chowed down on these carrots.  I'm pretty sure he ate about a cup of carrots!!!

1 1/2 quarts waer
5 cups thinly sliced carrots
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grated orange rind
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1 Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.  Add carrots; cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Place carrots, parsley, and remaining indgredients in a large bowl; toss gently.  8 adult servings 1/2 cup

I didn't have any parsely and I didn't use pepper but really the orange rind and honey really made this recipe yummy!! A nice sweet and citrus flavor to go along with our veggies. I did about a 1/2 recipe because I was just making these for Jackson.  Next time I will make it for the whole fam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment