Monday, April 9, 2012

Oven Roasted Green Beans

So we're on the hunt for veggies that Jackson will eat not in their pureed form.  Fruits have not been a problem at all, but I suppose veggies are harder because as parents we are not eating as many vegetables as we should be.  I found the recipe for these green beans in my babyfood cookbook called Cooking Light, First Foods.

We're having brats on the grill with oven roasted green beans and grapes.

Oven Roasted Green Beans Recipe
1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Place a jelly-roll pan in oven for 10 minutes. Place beans in a large bowl.  Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Toss well to coat.   Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes or until crisp tender. 


To be honest, I have no clue what a jelly roll pan is, even if I did I'm sure I don't have one here!  I did however preheat the pan I was using while I baked the buns for our brats and then used the same pan for the green beans. 

I can't believe I am saying this but these were a HIT!  Not only with Jackson but with Josh too.  Josh said he would eat them any time and prior to this he did not like green beans!! Jackson chowed down too.  My cookbook said to serve kids 3-5 beans, well Jackson took down more like 8-10!  We will definitely be having these again and it's so easy to just throw them in the oven, probably even faster than boiling or steaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment