Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Once a Month Mom

Before I was complaining about how there are all kinds of baby food recipes out there and I was having a hard time finding toddler food. Well you won't hear me complaining about not having resources anymore. I have found so many fun things to try that I have maybe overwhelmed myself and am trying to figure out how to organize it all.

I think I'm going to start a binder of recipes, and try to do a monthly meal planner. This way I have all my recipes and menu in one place. I am definitely a person who needs to see my recipe on paper and not on the computer.

I told you before I'm not one that can make all my meals for the month and freeze them.  Pretty impossible here with my mini dorm fridge freezer!  But in my new obsession with finding new recipes and trying new things I have come across a great website!  I signed up for their emails and am loving it!!!

Every day I get an email that has at least one recipe in it, usually more!  I may not make all of them but it gives me lots of inspiration to try more than one new recipe each week!! Today I even got a meal plan for the week.  All of which would be new recipes for us!  They all looked great for us!!! I think it might be my next weeks meal plan!

This is just part of the email they sent! I love to be able to see pictures of the food, otherwise I may not ever try it!  If you're interested here is the website: http://onceamonthmom.com/?utm_source=OAMM+Daily+Update&utm_campaign=605bcd28e0-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email
Monday -
  • Toddler Lunch – hot dogs, corn, mandarin oranges

    Toddler Chicken Bites
  • Snacks – pumpkin muffins, Turkey & Cheese Rollups
  • Dinner – Ribeye steak, grilled asparagus
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
  • Toddler Lunch – scrambled eggs, pancakes, banana slices
  • Snacks – crackers & peanut butter, Fruity Breakfast Burritos
  • Dinner – Pizza Meatloaf, lettuce salad
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday – Lunch – Out for lunch
Dinner – Sausage Stuffed Loaf, cottage cheese with pineapples
Sunday – Lunch – Easter – Spiral Cut Ham, rolls, green bean casserole, jello salad
Dinner – Burgers on the grill, fresh frozen sweet corn

Pretty Great huh?!?!

1 comment: