Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mexican Chicken

This recipe also came from www.momswhothink.com

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey Jack Cheese

Directions:
In a 9 X 13 pan, cover the chicken breasts with the salsa. Cover with foil, bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer. Cover each chicken breast with Monterey Jack cheese. bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

This is what I did:
I ended up using sliced up chicken because it was on sale when I went to the store. The cheese I used in the Netherlands is cheddar (shredded by me) and jong belegen (shredded by me).  I preheat the oven to 400 F and bake the chicken 25 minutes.  Uncover chicken and add cheese, bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. I don't have time to wait for an hour for the chicken to cook and I have made chicken in the oven so many times I know it doesn't have to take so long!!!

It says to serve this with white rice and tortilla chips.  I used tortilla chips and served it with a spinach salad. Delicious actually and I think next time if I use sliced chicken again we will put them in tortilla shells, it tasted a lot like an enchilada!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment