Friday, April 13, 2012

Roast Beef Brushetta

This recipe is from a Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have back home. I think it is called Quick and Easy Recipes. I can make it without a recipe now so I don't know exact measurements but will give it a shot. 

1 french baguette, thinly sliced into about 30 pieces
2 tbsp olive oil for brushing onto bread
1 package chive and onion cream cheese.
1/2 lb roast beef
5 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
3-5 green onions, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Brush both sides of your bread slices with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for around 5 minutes, until slightly crisp.  Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.

Spread a generous amount of cream cheese on each piece of bread (remember you have to make the whole package last for 30 slices of bread), then place a small slice of roast beef on top of the cream cheese, next comes the tomatoes, and then finally the green onions. 

I have not been able to find roast beef here so I used salami instead. This has always been a hit when I have served it before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment